15 November 2006

DBus 1.0 Released; Xfce Rebuild Coming Soon

DBus 1.0 was released a few days ago (thanks to MagicMan for the heads-up), and I've finally got the kinks worked out of the init script for it, so packages of it and dbus-glib (rebuilt against dbus-1.0) are now available. If you were experiencing any bugs with it, be sure to upgrade to the newest version.

In other news, I'm currently recompiling and testing Xfce 4.4rc2 adding --with-sound=alsa to the configure script for the mixer, and preliminary results indicate success :) Thanks to all of you who emailed about it. I'm not entirely certain about this, but I'm guessing that the differences due to 2.4/2.6 kernel headers as they pertain to alsa are responsible for this - the autodetection routines in the configure script don't seem to work with the 2.4 kernel headers, but then, I've not tested it with 2.6 headers (nor do I plan to do so until Pat upgrades them in stock Slackware), so I may be totally off-base on that. Regardless of the cause, the moral of the story is that it should work now with that simple change to the build script. Assuming everything goes as planned, I should have new Xfce packages (in all flavors - with and without {dbus,dbus/gamin} dependencies - available within a day or two. Keep checking the ChangeLog for updates, because it probably won't be posted here.

Labels: , , , ,


At 7/11/22 02:54 , Blogger faricapagan said...

Not solely do big bonuses permit you to try out the preferred actual cash games, however ones with low wagering necessities offer you a shot at in a position to|with the ability to|having the ability to} flip them into money. We’ve learn all the nice prints to make sure our top online roulette casinos do just that. Roulette typically has a home edge of 3-5% wherever would possibly be} on the earth, making it probably the greatest worth on line casino games you'll be able to|you presumably can} 클레오카지노 play. The Return To Player of OJO’s online roulette games varies with each set of rules, however you'll be able to|you presumably can} play games with over 97% roulette RTPs including French Roulette which tops the record.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home