Well, it's getting close, folks. After several months of development and testing in the -current tree, Slackware 12.2 is almost here. As a precursor, here are some notable changes compared to 12.1:
- Addition of pm-utils, a collection of scripts which take advantage of HAL's quirks database to handle power management tasks (like suspend and hibernate). See README.SLACKWARE for details.
- Addition of wicd, a graphical NetworkManager-like application, to /extra. Wicd doesn't yet support all of NetworkManager's feature set, but for most users, it's plenty adequate.
- SlackPkg has been added to the main tree (moved from /extra).
- libgphoto2 has been added.
- Based on kernel 188.8.131.52 and upgraded udev, gcc, and many other libraries and tools are upgraded and added.